Procuring your Microsoft Cloud services via Exponant
Cloud computing enables you to set up what is essentially a virtual office to give you the flexibility of connecting to your business anywhere, any time. With the growing number of web-enabled devices used in today’s business environment, access to your Microsoft public cloud subscriptions, such as Office365, Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS), Azure and Dynamics CRM Online, is even easier.
There are many benefits to moving your business to the cloud:
- Reduced IT costs through the software as a service model;
- Scale your operation and storage needs quickly situation, allowing flexibility as your needs change;
- Having data stored in the cloud ensures it is backed up and protected in a secure and safe location. Being able to access your data again quickly allows you to conduct business as usual, minimising any downtime and loss of productivity;
- Collaboration in a cloud environment gives your business the ability to communicate and share easily. If you are working across different locations, you can give employees and third parties access to the same files or share your records;
- Flexibility of work practices – access data from anywhere (providing you have an internet connection); and
- Regular updates with the latest technology, including versions of software, as well as upgrades to servers and computer processing power.
Exponant joined the Microsoft CSP programme around two years ago. We wanted to provide our customers with an end to end cloud experience and CSP enables us to do just that.
What is the Microsoft CSP programme?
CSP stands for Cloud Solution Provider and enables Exponant to add value to its customers’ cloud experience via licencing, support, billing flexibility and advice. With this programme, a customer effectively has a buy, or pay as you go Microsoft consumption arrangement via Exponant.
CSP key customer benefits
Here are the most important benefits to signing up with Exponant as your cloud service provider:
You only pay for what you use in the case of Office 365. With Azure, you simply pay for what you used the previous month. This effectively moves your licencing costs off balance sheet. There are also no upfront licensing costs.
- Single Point of Contact
Exponant handles your support calls in the case of a problem, whether it’s technical or billing & subscription. You fall under Microsoft’s service level agreement which defines the crucial aspects of the service like responsibility, quality and availability between Exponant and you, whilst you retain full admin control over your Office 365 tenancy and Azure subscriptions.
- Licencing Optimisation
Exponant evaluates your requirements, optimises and augments your Microsoft cloud license portfolio. Drawing on our expertise and skills, we enable you to maximise the benefits of your investment.
- You’ll be joining the Exponant family
Exponant has a very good reputation for client service, trusted partnerships and the solutions that we offer from Sage Finance and Operations Management, Workplace Optimisation using Microsoft 365 for Document and Records Management and Intranet configuration to go with your Teams, Space Management and Planning as well as IT Workforce Optimisation through the Outsourcing and Project Management of scarce skills. We also specialise in migration from on premise to the cloud.
How do you sign up?
Speak to Exponant, we will undertake a review of your environment to understand your needs and priorities. We can also migrate existing services whether on premise or in the cloud into our service.
You sign a cloud service agreement and provide some commercial arrangement to enable us to bill you. We schedule some engineering time to move you to the new subscription. This is all be done without loss of service, as far as possible.
Then we provide SLA driven support and you continue to reap the benefits. Should you require any further advice about our other services or software applications, we will be on hand to help.