Duties & Responsibilities
The Technical officer will be resposible for
Broadband, LTE Support
- Ensure customer solution modifications are fully regression tested and delivered within committed time to customer or within SLA.
- To attend meetings with customer and business when required.
- Monitor task execution and ensure results are recorded and feedback provided.
- Prepare and maintain relevant documentation, including activity schedules, step by step procedure guide, narrative and written reports, and visual progress charts.
- Liaise with and assist relevant broadband support teams with planning, provisioning and testing activities, problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Take responsibility for: time management; reporting and monitoring; risk management; issue management; QA and change management.
- Support other team members and associated IT and business resources as appropriate and when required.
- Continually update skills by learning new technologies and techniques relevant to the role.
- Participate in continuous improvement.
- Promote and advocate best practices within the team and throughout the business.
- Analyze daily broadband service request reports and ensure appropriate action is implemented to manage SR resolution according to SLA’s.
- Manage Escalation and Urgent service requests and directed by the Technical Leads within the specified time.
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Managing service requests (SR) from SRM to closure as per prescribed method.
- Troubleshooting and Accurately troubleshooting faults.
- Assigning SR’s in correct method to 3rdline support.
- Feeding back to customer within committed timeline.
- Resolving SR within committed timeline.
- Feeding back root cause to all stakeholders that are interested in RCA.
- Writing root cause analyses reports.
- Demand and resource planning.
- Reviewing documentation.
- Quality assurance.
- Providing objective feedback to support teams and line management.
- Problem solving.
- Working on multiple projects at one time.
- Document analysis and communicating findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Liaising with other support teams.
- Manage SR escalations and urgent requests.
- Analyze and understand daily Broadband service request reports for appropriate action.
- Ensure accurate completion of customer service requests and follow-up to ensure queries are resolved timeously, as per service level agreement.
- Provide effective, efficient and professional service to all our customers (internal and external), both telephonically and through written correspondence.
- Ensure customer service level agreements are met and exceeded.
- Consistent achievement of agreed productivity as per performance contract.
- Display a customer centric attitude.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Matric minimum requirement.
- National Diploma/Degree in a scientific/information technology discipline (beneficial).
- CCNA certification (requirement).
- ITIL Foundations (beneficial).
- At least 3 years of 2nd Line Support experience on Layer 3 Networks & Services.
- SD-WAN experience (beneficial).
- A practical and systematic approach to work beneficially.
- Telecommunications industry experience.
- Experience working with OSS/BSS software as an end-user or from working in the telecommunications sector.
- MUST be willing to work 24/7 rotational shifts.
Package & Remuneration
To be disussed according to current earnings
- Architecture and design
- Network management
- Risk management
- ICT programmes (planning and control)
- Robotic Process Automation
- Server management
- Security management
- Integrated workforce Management
- Specialised software development, management and monitoring including Database Administration and SQL
- Strategy development and implementation to ensure technical delivery on business goals
- Content Management and development
- Social Media Optimisation
- Process Mapping
- Governance and Compliance
- Enterprise Architecture
- User Experience
- Adoption and Change Management
- Systems and solutions
- Service Integration
- Telecommunication services
- ERP and related corporate and shared services
- Other ICT services
We are an integrated ICT solutions provider that uses leading technologies to deliver sustainable value to corporate and public sector organisations.
Building 32, Oxford Office Park, 3 Bauhinia Drive, Highveld
+27 12 663 0100
Click here to contact us